Northeast Traffic Control Services, Inc. (NETCS) is growing its Plymouth, MA team is looking for a talented student or recent graduate to fill the role of Civil/Traffic Engineering assistant.
NETCS is a Temporary Traffic, ITS, Roadway Safety Services and Construction Company that covers all of New England. We are a passionate group of professionals who serve public (federal, state, and local governments) and private clients (Contractors, utility companies, real estate & institutional clientele) throughout the region. Together, we work to improve the safety and mobility of our roadways, work zones and in our communities.
A person in this role will work daily with top management and licensed Engineers on State and Municipal Projects.
- Perform fieldwork taking measurements, pictures, marking dig-safe locations and detailing existing roadway facilities.
- Perform AutoCAD drafting of Temporary Traffic Plans and construction permits.
- Create text and spreadsheet documents and manipulate data.
- Effectively interact with staff to advance projects in a timely manner.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have taken AutoCAD Drafting as part of their curriculum.
- Ability to independently perform multiple tasks and interact appropriately and positively with coworkers.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Familiarity with traffic engineering principles and resources.
- Team-oriented with a strong capability to work independently.
- Working toward an undergraduate or higher degree in civil engineering
- Working toward a high school diploma with engineering /CAD focus
At NETCS, we’re always working to stay ahead of the curve on new technologies. We’ve been shaping the world of traffic safety for over 24 years and are always working with a vision toward zero deaths on our nation’s roadways. We are dedicated to making a positive experience for our clients while providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.