Large Construction Highway Laborer
Full Time- Union
Northeast Traffic Control Services is looking for a hardworking and dedicated individual to join our team as a large construction highway laborer.
Large construction / Foundation Work / Overhead Signs / Guide Signs / Barrier Work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Willing to travel.
- Ability to read plans.
- Willingness and ability to carry out physical labor.
- Ability and knowledge to use jackhammers, rock drills and hand digging equipment.
- Basic knowledge of hand tool operation.
- Ability to work long shifts in various weather conditions.
- Good problem-solving skills with willingness to see the daily job through to completion.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability and willingness to work as a team.
- Ability to switch from one type of job to another at the drop of a dime.
- Ability to effectively communicate with project managers and supporting staff.
- Must be able to accurately complete paperwork.
- Be open to the possibility of extended out of state stay.
- Candidates located in Southern New Hampshire and Maine preferred.
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated and high energy with the desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to work out of a bucket truck or aerial lift, up to 25’ in the air.
- Must be a member of the laborer’s union.
- Must have at least one year of highway construction experience.
- Must have a minimum of OSHA 10hr Certification.
- Must have a valid DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must have clean driving history.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
Not Required but Preferred:
- Experience in foundation work and concrete.
- Hoisting License.
- OSHA 30hr.
As an equal opportunity employer, Northeast Traffic ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at jrehlander@netraffic net